Monday, 19 April 2010

An afternoon's woodwork

Finally got James' piece of 8'x4' down from upstairs, with much cursing and wondering how we ever got it up there in the first place.

It now has some 3/4" x 1 1/2" underframing, from which I have learned several things:

  • the problem with 8'x4' baseboards is they're 8'x4' :D
  • 8' lengths of 1 1/2" x 3/4" have a lot of flex about the thinner axis
  • Liquid Nails is no substitute for a drill and a bunch of woodscrews
  • that baseboard is never going back upstairs
On the good side, it's now sitting on two B&Q trestles in the playroom, where I suspect it'll stay for a while, and has been given a coat of spray mud-brown.

In other news, scored an Airfix autocoach on eBay. Rarer than I realised.

No comments:

Post a Comment